Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The Summer After . . .

So, what, this is goodbye? Just cause I'm graduating now, I think I'm too good for this blog?

Of course not, faithful reader. There are still hundreds of people working full time and going to law school at night, who need guidance, support, and encouragement. Of course, none of them actually read this thing, but I've never let facts get in the way of a good story before, and I'm not about to start now. However, this blog did start out as a way for me to share my experiences as an evening law student, and that journey has now come to an end (deuces, peeps!!).

End of the blog? Not at all. There is still the little matter of the Bar Exam, so I will post in the near future about what it's like to work full time and study for the bar exam(s). I'm taking New York and New Jersey, in case anyone was wondering or cared. I am taking a prep course for the bar--the first time in my life that I have ever taken a prep course for a standardized test. I took the "early start" of this course over the spring, and while it was awful sitting in class on a Sunday, it was only 6 days out of my life, and it was well worth it. I have a real comfort level about the bar already, and I feel fully confident that if I stay on target with their program, I will be fine. The trouble is staying on target with the program.

It's not designed for people who work during the day. While they do offer evening courses, there is no getting around the fact that I will be in class 4 hours per night, 5 nights per week, after work. It is going to suck hard, and that's with me sugarcoating it. So, I will try to keep you posted of my progress along the way, faithful reader, and let you know what it's like to work and study at full pelt. Of course, if over the summer you see a post that reads something like this:
sadsad aufh seiufhsueyfrth 4telihjereghndfln gln 1.n324n2m434n4433##$$#@@#@@@ . . .
Be not afraid. That will just be me being completely exhausted and losing my mind. I'm sure it will pass. I'm, like, 80% sure it will pass.

65, definitely. Yes, I'm about 42% sure it will pass.

Ok, I've scared myself enough for one post. Goodnight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No,don't stop posting in this blog! i just came across this blog because i'm a part-time law student while working two jobs. I'm recommending this blog to my friends who are on the same boat. I think your insights are very helpful and the fact itself that you graduated makes it even more inspiring! thank you for sharing much of yourself through your blog. Thank you.

Christine said...

I'm going to keep the blog going, no worries. Congrats on juggling law school and two jobs! My first piece of advice to you is to quit at least one of them. Hang tough - you can do it!

Los Angeles law jobs said...

Thanks for the article, excellent stuff.I have seen interesting here.